WHO IS THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Data controller: StudiesIn Technologies, SL.
- CIF: B67491233
- Address: Carrer de Ramón Turró, 169, A, 08005 Barcelona, (Spain).
- Email: dpo[at]studiesin.com
HOW DOES StudiesIn OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data in the following scenarios:
- When you have requested our services and provided us with your personal data.
- When you contact us via telephone, email or our webpage requesting information regarding our services.
FOR WHICH PURPOSES WILL StudiesIn PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHICH IS THE CORRESPONDING LEGAL BASIS FOR EACH PROCESSING?
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- For providing our services (the "Services"), which among others include the following:
- Provide information and advice about the choice of University and major;
- Provide information and advice for Admissions; and
- Offering publicity and advertisement about educational and professional programs.
- For responding to your information requests. To that end, we will process the personal data you have provided us via our communication channels. In this case, your personal data will be process on the basis of our legitimate interest in addressing and replying to your requests.
- For sending commercial communications of StudiesIn's own products and services and of third-party products and services. These communications will only be sent in case you have given your consent to receiving such communications.
- For complying with our legal obligations. In these cases, the processing of your personal data will be necessary for complying with a legal obligation.
WILL StudiesIn SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
StudiesIn will share your personal data with the following categories of recipients:
- With third parties, to the extent that this is necessary for the purposes of providing our Services, e.g.: universities, language schools, insurers, banks, airport pickup service providers, embassies & consulates, etcetera.
- With our service providers: we hire other companies that provide services to us. To that end, these companies may need to access your personal data, but the processing of your personal data will be made on our behalf.
- Public entities, Courts, Administrations, to the extent that the transfer is necessary to comply with a legal requirement.
- Furthermore, StudiesIn may disclose and/or transfer your personal data to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale of all or part of its/their business or assets.
We may resort to third parties that, in some cases, may be located outside the European Economic Area, including in a country with a level of protection that is not comparable to that of the European Economic Area. However, all international data transfers are legitimate and are covered by one of the protection mechanisms provided for in the applicable regulations. Further information on transfers made by StudiesIn to countries outside the European Economic Area can be obtained at the contact address indicated in the section "Who is the controller of your personal data?" above.
FOR HOW LONG WILL StudiesIn PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We only store your personal information to the extent that its retention and processing is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and, where appropriate, during the time necessary for compliance with the corresponding legal obligations. Once these periods have expired, your personal data will be duly blocked during the limitation period of the responsibilities arising from the processing and finally deleted.
WHICH ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS?
You can exercise in front of StudiesIn the rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, objection and not to be subject to automated individual decision-making. Likewise, you can withdraw at any time the consent that you have been able to give us.
- 1. Right of access: You have the right to obtain from StudiesIn confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and certain information regarding the processing.
- 2. Right of rectification: You have the right to obtain from StudiesIn the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- 3. Right to erasure: In certain scenarios, you have the right to obtain from StudiesIn the erasure of personal data concerning you.
- 4. Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to obtain from StudiesIn restriction of processing where one of the following applies: (a) the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling StudiesIn to verify the accuracy of the personal data; (b) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead; (c) StudiesIn no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; (d) you have objected to processing based on public interest or legitimate interest, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
- 5. Data portability: When the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent or the execution of the contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you will have the right to request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to StudiesIn in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, in order to be able to transmit it to another data controller directly, whenever technically possible.
- 6. Right to object: You have the right to object to StudiesIn the processing of your personal data in the following cases: (a) where personal data is processed on the basis of a public interest mission or legitimate interest, including profiling; or (b) when the purpose of the processing is direct marketing, including also the aforementioned profiling.
- 7. Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- 8. Right to withdraw consent: Finally, you will also have the right to withdraw at any time the consent you have previously given us for the processing of your data. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THESE RIGHTS?
You may exercise the abovementioned rights under the terms and conditions set forth in the GDPR and the LOPD, by sending a signed request and including a copy of your ID to dpo[at]studiesin.com or by sending a letter together with a copy of their ID to: Studiesin Technologies, SL. at Carrer de Ramón Turró, 169, A, 08005, Barcelona, Spain.
Furthermore, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the corresponding supervisory authority (e.g. the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos) if you consider that the processing of the data is contrary to the GDPR.
- 1. Social media
- 2. Accuracy and veracity of the personal data
If you provide information via or other gates you are solely responsible for the accuracy, veracity and correction of the provided data, exonerating StudiesIn of any responsibility in this regard. You guarantee and answer, in any case, about the precision, validity and authenticity of the personal data provided and will undertake to keep them up to date as required.
- 3. Security measures
StudiesIn guarantees to have adopted the appropriate technical, administrative and organizational measures in their facilities, systems and processes, necessary to guarantee the security of their personal data and to prevent their alteration, loss, theft, disclosure or unauthorized use; all in accordance with the provisions of the data protection legislation in force.
- 4. Children's privacy
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 14. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 14. In the case we discover that a child under 14 has provided us with personal data, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
- 5. Commercial communications
In accordance with the LSSICE, StudiesIn does not SPAM. We do not send commercial e-mails unless they have been required by the recipient. Consequently, in each website form, the user can check the box to give his/her consent to receive advertising.